Electrical (Computer) Engineer – North Andover, MA
Using your detailed knowledge of commercial off-the-shelf computer hardware (motherboards, processors, storage systems (including RAID), network controllers, video controllers, etc) you will split time between the following job functions:
Computer Systems Integration:
Work with the Sales Program Manager and the customer to verify and validate that the product being developed for the customer meets the customer’s requirements. These products typically range from microprocessor-based appliances, single board embedded computers, and complex Intel or SuperMicro multiprocessor server systems.
New Product Introduction:
Work with Operations Engineers to develop the work instructions and process checklists necessary to assemble the product, the test procedures and scripts necessary to validate the product, and define any necessary fixtures, tools, or test beds that may be needed for the assembly and test processes. You will also work with Operations Engineers to troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action.
- Work with the customer in documenting requirements and resolving various system issues.
- Drive development efforts for new customer integration products using commercial off-the-shelf components. Analysis and development of manufacturing functions, capacities, and facilities needed for the production of the customers product.
- Set up ERP part number structures, routings, and BOMs for new products.
- Create the automated validation and test procedure utilizing WinPE based scripts and various vendor utilities.
- As a member of the NPI Team, works to design and structure the manufacturing work flows for new products.
- Create and update of related documentation (assembly instructions, test procedures, specifications, checklists, etc.).
- Train manufacturing staff on assembly and test procedures.
- Work with manufacturing to help troubleshoot production problems that arise.
- Work to keep the PXE based WinPE test environment updated and current.
- Stay current with major vendor technology roadmaps.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Extra hours may be required during peak production time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with Windows CLI and batch scripting, Familiarity with Linux a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PXE hardware/software and WinPE OS.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware – CPUs, motherboards, RAID/storage concepts, I/O protocols, compatibility.
- Software experience – Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows and various Linux OS’s, BIOS updating and optimization.
- Strong experience in development of processes for light manufacturing; specifically, computer servers and embedded systems.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized, and strong communicator.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- BS/MS degree in ME/EE/Manufacturing or other related Science/Engineering field
- Computer hardware: 3 years (Preferred)
- EPICOR ERP experience desirable
Please send your resume to: email@example.com. Subject: Electrical (Computer) Engineer